We had a wonderful week. The week of Christmas was great as well but not as relaxing and rejuvenating as this week. I feel refreshed after this week of hanging out at home and organizing.
Things have felt a bit out of control since our move 3 months ago. A lot of things that were running smoothly in the old house have NOT been running smoothly here. I'm ready to work on that and feel empowered to do so after having a few weeks off. Have I ever mentioned that I REALLY like slow mornings? Unfortunately, those ended today with our new 8:30 church schedule.
I made this chart tonight (took most of the pictures today). I plan on making another for afternoon and evening routines/expectations but I have to get a bin for them to put school binders in first. I think the kids will do better with a visual reminder of the things they need to do each day. The one we did this summer (that didn't survive the move) worked well.
I am looking forward to the new year. After reading this post and some of the comments, I have decided to choose a word for the year. I finally decided on PATIENCE. Patience with my family. Patience with the progress of decorating and organizing our home. Patience with Bob's job and the demands it sometimes places on him. Patience with developing my photography business. Patience with being ready to add another person to our family. Patience with myself. I hope this word will help me remember to enjoy the place I am in and stay positively focused on all the good that I have.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
It's a new year...
Labels: Organize
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So are you preggo?? :)
I really liked this post. I think it is a great idea to use one word as a goal or theme for the year. I am going to find a word for me. Patience might be a good one for me as well but I'm going to ponder some ideas for a day or two and then get started. Also, I love the chart you made! You always have such creative and fun parenting ideas!
Not preggo. Just wishing I felt like I could handle having another baby. Hoping we'll feel ready(ish) sometime soon.
You always inspire me!
Great Chart!
Post a Comment