They called off school yesterday even though the weather didn't end up being bad. The kids watched a lot of TV and played Wii for hours. Last night we actually got the ice storm that had been forecasted and school was cancelled for today too. Today has really been a perfect day. We slept in this morning and got going slowly. I worked out and read President Monson's talk from conference. Bob was home for a few hours this morning until some of the ice melted. He worked on the computer and I worked on a scrapbook page. We decorated cakes and had yummy leftovers for lunch. Now, the kids are playing "secret agent" nicely upstairs. I'm blogging. It's been a great slow day.
Last night we had a cake decorating class at my house. I cleaned my counters and a friend taught the class and brought all the supplies. It was a great class and just the right size for our kitchen. Allie really wanted to stay up and take part in the class but I didn't think that would be a very good idea. I saved one of the cakes I had baked for her to decorate today.
When they saw Allie decorating, the boys decided they wanted to try as well. I let them play around with the cake I used last night and Allie let Parker put a few finishing touches on her cake as well.
It was a lot of fun. Usually I get stressed out or upset when we try something like this. I think it was easier today because all of the prep work had been done already. I had all the supplies out and ready and we had a fun time with it.
I think I love bad weather days! It's nice to have a break from the daily routine.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Ice Day Fun...
Labels: Kids
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like a great refreshing day! I love your pictures! The lighting is always perfect.
Post a Comment