Thursday, February 12, 2009

Interesting Quote...

"Women have not been more in touch with their creative instincts in that they have spent so much time succoring others who have been at war - either on the battlefield or in corporate America." - Clarissa Pinkola Estes paraphrased by Christiane Northrop in Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom

Edited: Why this resonates with me...I have not had the energy to pursue my creative instincts especially in regards to my photography business because I have spent so much time helping Bob heal the wounds he receives working in corporate America. Because of the demands of corporate America on Bob's time, I have been singly responsible for succoring our children throughout the day and night. There is not much energy left for my creative pursuits. It made sense to me to relate corporate America with war because I feel there is a battle daily between the expectations of business and the expectations of the Lord in regards to time and family.

No comments: