It's a little hard to get to church when your tire looks like this!
Bob has meetings on Sunday morning so the kids and I always drive to church a couple of hours after he does. When I started down the drive today I heard immediately that we had a flat tire. A REALLY flat tire!
We called Bob at the church on his cell but he didn't answer. I then called a friend and asked her to tell Bob that we needed help when she got to the church. She called her husband who found Bob and sent him to our aid. He pumped up the tire, moved the car to level ground and jacked it up. We could see a huge metal piece stuck in the tire and could hear the air leaking as soon as it was filled again. We then piled into Bob's car (something we won't all be able to do in a couple of months) and went to church. We were about 30 minutes late and missed our friends' baby blessing but we made it.
Now I get to spend part of my last "free" (no kids) day at Discount Tire. Oh, well!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Late for church...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment