Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Birthday Party...

We had the boys' birthday party on Saturday. It was basically the same birthday party as the past two years. I was trying to get out of doing a party this year but we ended up continuing on with our simple tradition. Park, cake, & water balloons.

We tried to have it at a different park this year but there was already a big birthday party set up at that park. We ended up setting up down the street at the older park. The benefit - more shade on a hot June morning. It worked out great!

The kids played for a while and then we started launching water balloons. The kids seem to love this every year. I think there was only one friend that has experienced it with us all 3 years and even he was excited to do it again.
I guess my boys liked lying all the way down before they let go this year.

Parker would really lie down before launching his balloons.
Alicia and Abbie joined us for the weekend and the party. Parker still wants to know why Abbie liked his cake so much. Black frosting is great for one year olds right?!?This was what I got when I asked Parker to smile for me. It's one of his classic faces right now!And here are the cakes. I am pretty happy with how they both turned out. Parker's was a spice cake (no as good to him without chocolate frosting) and Caden's was a super yummy white cake. It went fast and I'm still craving it. I think I might make another tonight. I still have some of the yummy buttercream icing.Happy Birthday boys!

2 comments:

Jill said...

The cakes look great!

Denise said...

looks like a great, fun time!! Why change a great tradition?! Don't feel bad about not doing something new.

those cakes are great!