...and why I should know not to trust mine with the care of a mischievous toddler.
Caden is home from school today. He is slightly sick and so he is home.
This morning I went running with the babies. When we came home, Sage was sleeping and so I thought it would be a good time to clean up. Caden was watching TV and so I asked him to watch Sydney while I took a quick shower. When I got out, I went to check on them. Caden was watching TV and Sydney was nowhere to be found. Caden found her in the office with scrapbooking ink all over her fingers and lips.
A few minutes later, I left Sydney and Caden in the office playing a computer game. They were both sitting on the chair entranced in the game and again I thought things were safe for a few minutes. I went to the laundry room to start a load of clothes and fold a quick load that was ready. When I came out, I went to check on the kids again. Caden was still on the computer but Sydney was nowhere to be found. I found her in my bathroom lathering her tummy with globs of sticky hair product. I tried to take a quick picture of the mess she was in then, but she was not cooperative.
I gave her a bath and changed her clothes because she was really messy. A little while later, I decided to try to get some work done for Cub Scouts. Again Sydney and Caden were on the couch watching Sesame Street while she drank some milk. I thought I had locked all the doors to the rooms and that things were safe again. I finished sending an important email and went out to see what the kids were up to. I could tell the TV was paused and so I thought they must be playing together. Nope. Sydney was in my bathroom looking like this.
She's been a mess today. This afternoon she uprooted my cilantro plant in the garden and ran around pulling her diaper off.


2 comments:
Oh my goodness. All I have to say is you are my hero! Bless you momma!!!
You can't help but smile when you see those pictures. I feel you. Brynlee is always into something, doing something or running away with something!! Oh what joys they are.
Post a Comment