Swim team is keeping us busy so far this summer. Every day we drive 30 minutes to Trophy Club for practice and we have a meet each weekend. While the kids swim, the babies and I go running/walking to pass the time. I like that we are all getting regular exercise.
At the first meet all of the kids got ribbons. Caden got 3rd in the backstroke. Allie's relay got 3rd in the freestyle relay and Parker got 2nd in backstroke and 3rd in freestyle. Both of the boys are the oldest in their age group which helps I think. We think they are doing really well especially for their first year. At practice they are learning to dive, & do the butterfly and breaststoke.

This picture was taken after the second meet. I took my little camera along but never got any real pictures of the kids swimming. I made them get out of the car before we left to at least get one good picture. We think Caden got 1st place in the backstroke at this meet and the boys were on a relay that got first (out of 2 teams). Caden and Allie both got a bad start on backstroke but were able to make up some time swimming. Allie's relay placed 4th and she PR'd in freestyle. I am interested to see the final results to see if they all improved their times. Parker accidentally had to swim with an older age group so I don't think he placed as high as an individual. The boys are REALLY excited about the blue ribbons they are going to get for the relay!
Sage and I attended the entire swim meet with the big kids. Bob and Sydney came for about an hour but she is crazy at the meet and they went home after the kids swam backstroke. I think I will stay home with the babies this week and let Bob go to the meet alone. Allie took this picture of Sage sleeping on the towels on the floor in the hall of the natatorium. We covered her up with a team shirt since we didn't have a real blanket. She was a trooper at the meet.
Monday, June 18, 2012
Swim Team...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment