Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Today...

Today was school picture day. The kids also had a guest speaker visit the school today (Special K from the Harlem Globetrotters). Parker woke up knowing these things and would NOT get out of bed. I tried all the coaxing that I know how to do but he wouldn't budge. He didn't want to see the basketball player, did NOT want to have his picture taken, & didn't care if he lost his privileges for the day for not going to school. I finally took the other kids to school and left him at home.

He ended up staying home all day and we had a great day. I want to record and remember a few things from today. I think a day like today was just what he needed. He's promised me he'll go to school tomorrow and I think he will go happily. Here are some things that I remember:

Working on a Singapore math placement test together and alone.

Reading an article about a lioness who befriended a baby antelope in Uganda on the computer.

Parker constantly talking about our homeschool day. He wanted to have all the subjects, recess, etc. He didn't ask for tv or complain about being bored.

Driving to Walmart and quizzing him on math facts, spelling words, and geography on the way.

Parker taking a seat in the double seater giant shopping cart with Sydney. He wondered aloud what other people might think about this big kid being at the store during school hours.

Science time included watering the plants and making hard boiled eggs in the oven.

Parker being really sweet and helpful unloading groceries, putting away cans and having "recess" with Sydney.

Parker packed his own lunch for school last night. He pulled it out for "homeschool" - 3 bags of goldfish, 1 bag of popcorn and some grapes! Lovely!

I love that boy (even though he can be a stinker at times)! It was really fun to have this day with him!



No comments: