Sunday, March 17, 2013

Losing Weight...

I am on a personal quest right now to see if I can actually have a flatter tummy. My midsection has always been my weakness and now that it's been stretched out 5 times, it is a far cry from flat. I am running 4-5 times a week, doing an ab workout 2-3 times a week and trying to watch what I eat. I don't think I can achieve the desired ab results without also losing some weight. I'm still not convinced I can ever have the belly I want but I am giving it a good strong try to see how good it can get.

I have been really working on the food part for 2 weeks now. I was ready to pay for WeightWatchers online which I have used successfully in the past but decided to save the $50 and try the plan that came with Bob's Insanity workouts and that has been working for him. I'm trying to eat 5 meals a day that are each around 300 calories. So far I really like this system. I eat more in the morning and don't crave sugar as badly. I may also try some of the Insanity ab workouts in the coming weeks.

Eating right is still hard especially this week as it was spring break and we had family in town. I've been wanting to compile a list of all the things I didn't eat this week that I normally would have. It required exercising a lot of self-control and giving up quite a few things all for about 1 pound of weight loss (that's my goal per week). Makes me appreciate even more those who lose lots of weight!

Spice cake with chocolate frosting and ice cream (not too hard because I don't love this cake like my family - Bob made it.)
Onion rings and croussants at Cheddars
Baked spasagna or fried shrimp at Cheddars (I got something more healthy that was delicious!)
Easter candy at home
Donuts and bacon for breakfast (I had part of one donut after our Crossfit workout.)
Italian chicken and rice (I had a salad instead)
Candy at the mall
Fettucine alfredo at the Olive Garden (I just got a bowl of soup and some breadsticks.)
I had one dessert donut at Olive Garden instead of 3-4.
French fries at Central Market
Candy at Central Market
French fries and fried goods at Chick-fil-A
Cookie and/or ice cream at Chick-fil-A
My usual fare at Rosas Mexican - I chose something healthier that I like too.
Ice cream at Braums (I shared fro-yo with Sydney and she at most of it.)

We ate out a lot this week with family and it being spring break. This week will probably be easier as I have more control over what comes in our home and what we eat. I may not have lost weight this week but I'm pretty sure I didn't gain any which is a feat in and of itself.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Good luck! I have been using a free app on my iPod since May and it has helped me lose 15 lbs (and maintain the loss). MyFitnessPal. You have to enter in all that you eat, which takes time, but also a great motivator.

Natasha said...

MyFitnessPal is great. I just started using it this week and I love all that it offers. I don't get all my food entered everyday but I know better what I can eat at home and out.