Back in September we decided what we were going to do for Halloween this year. Allie still had her white princess dress from last year (we let out the hem) & Sydney had a purple princess dress that Allie wore when she was little. I didn't think it would be hard to make Sage a simple princess dress to go along with her older sisters. The boys decided to be dragon slayer knights to have a family kid theme. We ordered costumes for them. The first set of costumes came but were slightly too small. We sent those back and got online to find bigger replacements. We found something suitable on another website and ordered those. I had to call in because they had a price matching promotion that I wanted to tap into. I placed my order. A couple of weeks went by and the costumes never came. When I thought back on it, I never received an email confirmation either. The money had been withdrawn from account so I figured the costumes were still coming. By the time I had a chance to call about it, it was the Thursday before Halloween. The company wasn't able to find my order or figure out what happened (bank has to dispute the charge). They were willing to give me a discount on a new order and expedite shipping but we kept missing each other on the phone to make it happen. The boys weren't too heartbroken thankfully. Caden decided to be the zombie guy from last year and Parker decided to be a boxer. He was actually really excited about putting that costume together! We didn't have a theme but everyone was happy (including Bob who was happy not to spend much $ on costumes this year!)
Here are the pictures from Halloween night. The kids went trick or treating with some families from church. Bob followed behind with Sydney (she was slower than the rest). Sage was fussy that night and I was exhausted so the two of us just sat on our steps and gave away candy. Sage had a sucker when we started. She decided she was done with that before it was gone and started trying different flavors from the bowl. We had at least 6 half eaten suckers by the end of the night. Funny girl!
P.S. This was the first year we had the kids sign a contract about what to do with their candy. They could eat all they wanted that night, keep 10 pieces for the rest of the weekend, save 10 pieces for later, and put the rest in a bag (we wanted them to give it to Bob to share at work but it is in our treasure box for now).









1 comment:
Love the contract idea and the costumes look great!
Post a Comment