We had a crazy week! Our house got listed and we had 6 showings in 4 days! Crazy!
Monday was the hardest. The house was a bit of a mess after the weekend. We knew we had a showing on Tuesday night so we were planning to crank out some of the cleaning and picking up together Monday night and then I would finish things on Tuesday. Well Monday morning we got a call that we would have a showing that night. I worked nonstop on Monday getting everything ready for our first showing. It was exhausting! Sage was home sick that day too which added to the difficulty. We left the house, got drinks at Sonic, picked Allie up from school and went to the Haslet park. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a fun time playing together. Bob met us at the park for dinner (pizza from Mr Jims down the street). We enjoyed our FHE in the park immensely.
Tuesday was difficult too. I was watching a friend's 2 year old in the morning. Between the needs of the three littles, I was able to get the dishes done and not much else in the morning. Even though the house was in good shape Monday it still took 2 hours of hard work on Tuesday afternoon (after I had to have a nap) to get it up to snuff again. This process is reaffirming that for me this house is too much to take care of. I'm looking forward to less square footage divided between 2 levels in our next home.
Tuesday night we met at Smashburger for dinner. Bob headed home with the little girls and I took the big ones to Target to pick up a few things. As we left Target we got a message that someone wanted to show the house at 8. I quickly called Bob who was home already. We decided to show it since it was ready. We met at the park until dark and then went over to a friends house. The kids got to bed late that night.
We had another showing on Wednesday night. I was SO tired that day and really did not want to show it. Even more desperately I wanted to be done with this process so the boys and I rallied together to get it ready that afternoon. Bob had to work late. We dropped Allie off at the church after getting her dinner at Sonic (they left early for girls camp kickoff at the Colleyville stake center). The rest of us went to Rosas for a yummy Mexican dinner. The boys missed Cub Scouts that night due to the craziness of our day.
I had plans to be away from home on Thursday (observing math at Parker's school while girls were at friends house). We had a showing in the middle of the day and then another at dinner time. We couldn't even be home in the afternoon because there really wasn't much we could do and keep the house spotless. We wasted some time at Walmart, picked Allie up from school and went to Chick-fil-a for dinner. Bob was working late again. The kids and I were going to see a house that night but things didn't work out with the 2 we were interested in (one accepted an offer the night before and the other cancelled the showing). We got home before the buyers left so we drove around the block a couple of times until they were gone.
Bobs parents have been here this weekend and we blocked showings for these 3 days. It has been nice to get some laundry done and just live in our house enjoying conference for a couple of days.
I want to sell our house but I do hope we get to eat dinner at home at least once this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment