Today was Bob and my 15th wedding anniversary. I wanted to share some real life happenings from today. It is a good and crazy journey we are on together!
- I had to get a grumpy boy off to his first day of school. He had a sunburn and I ended up forgetting ranch dressing and a fork for his salad lunch.
- Took Allie to Dr. for well check up and overdue/needed-for-school shots. Took shot record to school so she can get her schedule on Thursday. Caden babysat the little girls for the first time and did a great job.
- Put Sage down for a nap around noon. She wouldn't stay in her room so I shut the door. She cried and I went to lay down with Syd. Caden couldn't handle her crying so unbeknownst to me, he took her to his room and unsuccessfully tried to get her to nap there. 45 minutes later, I hear her. I read her a book and put her back to bed with the door closed. Miraculously, she doesn't cry. Shortly after, Allie comes up and hears Sage talking in her room. She thinks Sage has already slept and let's her out of her room. No afternoon nap for a kid who still needs it.
- Bob comes home early so we can go on our anniversary date. I am not ready as soon as he would like and then I want to go to the store to get a couple of things to make dinner time easier on the kids. He thinks it is unnecessary which sets off a flood of all my stressors from the day.
- On our drive to the temple area restaurant (Zizikis), he gets me to share what I am feeling and crying about. He was a good listener today. By the time we get there, I am feeling better and ready to share a nice evening with him.
- I wasn't sure about his choice of a Greek restaurant for dinner but our food ended up being really delicious. Grecian chicken for me and salmon filet for him.
- I thought we should take a picture together before going into the temple. I thought it was pretty funny that our new marriage counselor called to try to change our next appointment while we were taking timer shots and selfies. We are in one of those spots again where we need some outside help to have the kind of marriage we want to have. Grateful for counselors!
- We had 18 couple sealings to do at the temple. We were there with another couple from someplace else that were having their 15th anniversary tomorrow. It was a special time to be in the temple together.
- As we drove home we talked to Allie on the phone to check out how things were going. We found out that Sage had fallen asleep during a movie at about 4 o'clock. She slept until 7:30 and then woke up from her "nap".
- I ended up hanging out with Sage until midnight working on homeschool prep and other computer things while Bob went to sleep at 9:30/10 sharing a bed with Sydney.
Happy 15th anniversary honey!



No comments:
Post a Comment