I have been on a journey this past year of discovering more of who I am. I wrote these words several months ago as a reminder to myself. (I wrote them as a blog post that I never published.) I want to remember who I am and what my strengths and limitations are and be content in that. I shared this in Relief Society a couple of weeks ago and thought I should finally post it here. I talked briefly about how we often look at others and see what they are good at and then feel bad that we are not also good at that same thing. We are all made differently with our own unique gifts and talents and God loves each of us infinitely!
I am God's amazing daughter. I am His. I look to Him for my value and worth.
I am imperfect and faithful. I mess up - sometimes knowingly. I know that Jesus makes up for all that I lack. He has from the beginning. I am perfect in Him.
Friday, September 26, 2014
Who I Am...
I love other people. I long to serve and to help and uplift. My longings surpass my capacity by leaps and bounds. I serve when and where I can knowing that I cannot be everything for anybody or something for everybody. I give my longings to serve to God knowing that he can be Everything.
I take care of myself. I value self-care in myself and others. I take care of me knowing that others might call it selfish. Jesus took care and rest when He needed it. I look to Him for direction in being whole and happy and cared for.
I am a learner. I am open-minded and searching for truth all around me. I embrace truth when I find it.
I am a mind-opener. I delight in sharing knowledge with others that opens their eyes to new ways of thinking about things.
I am a record keeper. I am a journaler, scrapbooker, photographer, and story-teller.
I am beautiful. Created in the image of God, I am inwardly and outwardly beautiful. His image is in my countenance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment