Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Half Way...

I had an epiphany the other day that we are right in the middle of parenting. We started 14 years ago when Allie was born and we have 14 more years until Sage is 18. I have 2 goals for the next 14 years.

1. Get out of and stay out of "survival mode" as much as possible. I think the we have been in a "stable" or "thriving" mode only a couple of the past 14 years. I am ready for that to change.

2. Stay in this house for all of those 14 years (and then some hopefully). I blame some of our consistently being in survival mode on so many life changes that we experienced in the past 14 years. We shouldn't have any more babies and it would be great if we could STOP moving - that should cut down on those major life changes.

No comments: