Wednesday, March 30, 2016

New Dinner...Shredded Beef Tacos

I made some shredded beef tacos today for the first time and they turned out really well. I wanted to document how I made them and decided I might as well do it here.

I buy chuck roast on sale a lot and put it in the freezer. Mostly we just make pot roast with it but I decided we could probably make taco meet as well. I looked up a few recipes and then just threw some things together this morning in the crock-pot before I left for work. Here's what I did.

1/2 can of fire-roasted salsa style diced tomatoes (Great Value brand)
1/2 cup of beef broth
~2 teaspoons of taco seasoning (we had a homemade version leftover)
1/2 packet of dry ranch dressing mix

I mixed this up and poured it over the roast. It cooked on low in the crock-pot for 8-9 hours. I shredded the meat and removed the extra fat. It smelled so good and tasted so yummy!

No comments: