Sunday, March 27, 2016

Saturday/Sunday...

I have been working a lot of Saturdays this year so my family is a little surprised when I don't have to work.


Saturday - left the house a little before 9 to take Allie to the Healeys to work and Caden to his deacon's quorum basketball tournament. I braided my hair in two braids. My goal with growing my hair out is to be able to do this hairstyle. I still have a few more inches before the braids are as long as I want them but today I wore braids in public and they held pretty well.

9:45 - left Caden's basketball game. They were playing a ward that has some very tall Tongan boys. The lost this game, won the second game and then beat the Tongan team in round 3 to go to the finals. They were beat badly by the Keller 2nd ward in the finals (this team had 5 select basketball players on it that play together a lot). Caden had a great time and was one of the top scorers on his team. He's gotten a lot  better this season just practicing at home and with Bob's team. I hope he has a good shot of making the school team next year.

10:00 Came home to get the girls while Bob took Parker to football. 

11:30-1:00 Football game. The girls drove us crazy in the stands. I think Bob and I just wanted to watch the game in peace. They lost 26-0 so it wasn't a great game either. After the game I took the girls to McDonalds for a bathroom break and their 3rd round of cheeseburgers this week. Ugh - it has not been my best week of feeding the children. 

I drop the girls off at home where Bob and Parker are practicing blocking in the backyard. I go back to the stake center to watch the last part of the basketball tournament. The boys were so tired by this point. They had played 3 games in a row. I stop at Wendy's on the way home to get Caden some lunch. 4 for $4 was a hit!

I took a nap after this. Then I got up and started getting ready for the General Women's Meeting. I was pretty worn out and almost didn't put forth the effort to go (shower, hair dry, church clothes) but I was very glad we pushed forward and went. There was a lady in my old ward with 6 kids. She would comment at RS meetings sometimes, "I don't care what we are doing tonight, I just wanted to get OUT of my house." I feel that way sometimes. 

Allie and I went to Mi Pueblo for dinner after the broadcast. We then went to Wal-Mart to do the grocery shopping for the week. (During President Erying's talk, I was jotting down my grocery list on my phone.)

We got home around 10:30, unloaded the groceries, got some things ready for Easter baskets and went to bed.

Sunday -
I really struggled this weekend emotionally. So tired and unmotivated and exhausted. We barely got to church (at 8:30) and I didn't take any pictures of anybody. The girls wore matching dresses with matching hair. We had a really wonderful music filled 90-minute sacrament meeting (Allie and Bob went early and sang in the choir) followed by 1 hour of classes (although the 90 minutes went a little long and our class time was short). 

After church I went to my room to read and rest for several hours but I had a really hard time falling asleep. Bob and Caden put the roast in the crockpot. Caden made bacon. I came out to help Allie make the resurrection rolls for lunch. After my rest, I cut a pineapple and opened a can of corn and made a salad to go with the roast. Our Easter dinner was sort of an after thought. I thought we might make beef tacos with the roast but the part of the family that really likes a good roast voted for that instead - plus it feels more like a special Easter dinner. Bob made some chocolate frosting and they ate that with graham crackers for a yummy treat. 

We read scriptures about the resurrection and got the kids to bed. 

Other happenings...
In the afternoon, I let the kids have their Easter baskets. They just had 1-2 things in there. Caden took the girls outside and did an Easter egg hunt or two for them.

Parker's friend Nolan came over for part of the day. He at resurrection rolls and watched some Easter church videos with the family. They watched Johnny Lingo (Nolan and Parker went back outside for this part) and a Thomas Monson biography.

Allie told me that she is not going to do the secular part of Easter with her kids but encouraged me to do a little something for each of them when we were in Wal-Mart. She got mascara and a bag of Werther's candy.

Allie earned enough money to pay for all of girls' camp this weekend. She was excited about that. Now she wants to earn more for other camps and clothes and other things she wants/needs.

Sage was really excited about the basket the Easter bunny brought her. She and Sydney have been playing with their new stuffed animals since they got them. 


No comments: