Friday, December 16, 2016

No room...

We had two events for the kids last week - Allie's band Christmas concert and Sages preschool pageant. Both events were crowded and full. There was standing room only. At first I was slightly annoyed at each - why did they remodel the fine arts area at the high school and not make a auditorium big enough for the band and families? As Sydney and I were running around outside before Sages pageant I had a realization that I want to record. Even these stuffy crowded events can remind us of the true reason for Christmas. Weren't the inns and streets in Bethlehem crowded on the night of the Saviors birth? I also thought of the symbolism of how we as believers would crowd into any tight, hot space to catch a glimpse of Jesus as a baby born in a manger or as a returned resurrected being. These thoughts changed the way I viewed those programs and all of the good people gathered together to support their kids and celebrate this time of year.

No comments: