Saturday, April 22, 2017

Grieving/Healing Song...

I haven't always been a big music person but I've recently created a couple of playlists to help me through this hard time. I have a playlist called Grieving that I listen to when I need to grieve all that I've lost in this divorce. It includes songs that I have heard that have touched me in the past several months. This song wasn't on my playlist until this weekend. It has been on repeat as I cry and feel empowered in the same few minutes. It really captures the depth of the pain I feel at times as well as the determination I have to make it through this trial and make it through well. My theme for this year is One Day at a Time. I really have to take one day at a time. Even when I have some knock-me-on-my-butt days, there is always tomorrow and usually tomorrow is a better day.


BRING ON THE RAIN by Jo Dee Messina

Another day has almost come and gone
Can't imagine what else could go wrong
Sometimes I'd like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war

'Cause tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

It's almost like the hard time circle 'round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
And I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing, but I'm not dead

Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain

No I'm not gonna let it get me down
I'm not gonna cry
And I'm not gonna lose any sleep tonight

'Cause tomorrow's another day
And I am not afraid
So bring on the rain


No comments: