Monday, March 30, 2009

8:30 Church...

In Relief Society this month I get to teach Elder Oaks talk from conference Sacrament Meeting and the Sacrament. He talks about the importance of our primary Sunday service and the ordinance of the sacrament. In preparation, I have been reading this talk again. I decided that our family needs to recommit to some of the principles he talked about. I just wanted to share two things we did this week to help us prepare for a spiritual experience at our 8:30AM sacrament meeting.

1. We picked out and laid out the boys clothes (including socks and shoes) on Saturday night. I know this isn't rocket science but it is a critical step that we have been neglecting.

2. Just like on school days, we figured out and talked about times that we need to have each task completed in order to arrive at church a few minutes early. The kids need to be up by 7:10, get dressed by 7:25, eat breakfast by 7:45, and be in the car at 8:00. That means Bob and I need to get up by 6:45 or so.

As I was pondering this morning, I realized that I felt the cleansing power of the Atonement after taking the sacrament yesterday. By preparing in a few simple ways, I was more prepared to have a spiritual experience and to feel the love of the Lord in sacrament meeting.

2 comments:

Nannette said...

8:30 is so tough...the only good thing I can think of is naps!

Denise said...

we have church at 1 now and I find that I am often just as rushed as I was for 9am church b/c of not setting up a time table like that. Thanks for the suggestion. We will do that!