
My friend Denise did this on her blog recently and I thought it was interesting to read about her in this way. I took it as a writing exercise for myself and really enjoyed completing it. Here it is:
1. I like light. Sunshine makes me happy.
2. I fear I will not be the best mom I can be.
3. I crave harmony and simplicity. Physically I usually crave pizza and cookies!
4. I dislike weeds!
5. I honor men and women who live true to themselves and their values.
6. I discontinue using regular cleaners and dish soap. I am trying to purchase more environmentally friendly household products.
7. I require sleep. Naps are a good when I stay up too late which happens too often.
8. I refuse to be too busy.
9. I think a lot. I am always thinking. Sometimes I wish my mind would rest more.
10. I perceive negativity in myself more often that I would like.
11. I disengage when others talk about things I am not interested in.
12. I reject the all-too-typical Mormon understanding of perfection and striving for perfection. I reject the over-emphasis on works and under-emphasis on faith. This makes church talks and lessons a struggle for me at times. "It is only in and through the grace of God that ye are saved ." - 2 Nephi 10:24
13. I loathe the philosophies and ideals of much of corporate America.
14. I worry that I will never find peace and resolution in my life.
15. I enjoy silence.
16. I contemplate what it would be like to have another child.
17. I want to feel more peace and joy in my life. I got a new book this week that I am really excited about to help me in this. You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
18. I cherish one on one time with my kids. I especially cherish the time I have with Parker and wish I had time like this with the other two.
19. I pray every night that the Lord will watch over us and keep us safe.
20. I value my family.
21. I instigate resolving conflict in my marriage.
22. I regard all mankind as equals.
23. I struggle to make time for myself and really take care of myself.
24. I respect the time and space of others.
25. I wonder what my future holds.
26. I look forward to summer. I can't wait for summer. Even in the heat of Texas I LOVE summer!
27. I treasure my testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Getting to Know Me
Labels: About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad you did this. It was fun to read about you. I love sunshine too!! I have always been a pretty happy person but I find I am happier in SD where we get an abundance of sunshine! Cute picture also!
I loved it. When looking at your friend's list, was there a common theme or start to each sentence? how many sentences (as many as you wish?)--I like the idea. Just wondering if there a pattern or if anything goes. Loved the photo, too! Great entries on Lundberg's book, loved the summary and personal example. You rock!
I took it as starts to sentences.
I think...
I contemplate...
Etc.
Post a Comment