This is our current laundry room set-up. We dream of having nice cabinets and a real counter in here (like we had in Nebraska). It wasn't in our budget when we built the house so this has been our temporary set-up. It works great. I am blessed to have a large laundry room and these tables are fantastic for the functionality of folding clothes and storing them until someone puts them away. Usually both tables are stacked full of clean clothing.
This spring I got tired of looking at the mess under the tables. I started dreaming again of some white cabinets and a counter to hide it all. We got more money back in our tax return than expected and I seriously considered getting cabinets (priced Ikea and Lowes). Then I got the idea to make curtains for the tables. It would cost significantly less and would do the main job I want cabinets to do - hide the junk. We took the tax money and bought patio furniture (which we are enjoying IMMENSELY!) instead.
Last weekend my mom started the laundry table curtains and I finished them last night.
I bought sticky back Velcro and put the scratchy side on the underside of the table. The soft side sticks right to the fabric edge and they hang beautifully.
I'm really happy with my cheap fix!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
$ Saving Project...
Labels: Decorating
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the patio furniture. I'm sure you will use it a lot Your back yard looks like a peaceful place!
Post a Comment