Friday, February 15, 2013

Battle of the Books...

Allie and Caden were on the winning Battle of the Books team again this year. They won their school competition (against ~ 18 teams) in January. They competed in the district competition this week and won by just 1 point (they missed 2/20 questions). There were 13 teams in all. It was a nail-biter for us parents watching!
Allie read all of the 10 books 3 times each and a couple of them 4 times. Caden read almost all of the books and re-read 1 or 2. As a team they were more prepared than they were last year I think. 
One of the other librarians asked our coach/librarian Mrs. Jurgens how she was able to get her team to win twice in a row. She pointed to Allie and said, "You see that tall girl over there. She's the reason we keep winning." Reading is definitely Allie's "thing". We are so proud of both our kids' hard work  this year!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That is AWESOME!!! Great job! :)

Amanda said...

Congrats!! What a cool accomplishment!! If I could get my daughter to read that my I would be over the moon :) I think that picture you saw must be the black dress. I should wear it more often if it is that slimming. I am due April 23rd and we are having another girl. Poor Logan the only boy. I love it though ::)