It was nice to be able to do big kid things without interruption from little girls. We played lots of hands of cards - Rook, Casino, & Monopoly Deal were most popular. War was a favorite of the kids until Grandpa banned it from his tent because of early morning bickering.
The boys went fishing everyday at the lake. I really only fished one day while there but it was so nice to be out there fishing again. We caught several brook and splake trout

The boys enjoyed fishing too. Allie enjoyed it for about an hour and then was ready to do something else. She read several books while others were fishing.
Beautiful green lake - the continental divide is to the right.

Caden was pretty happy to catch this larger brook trout. Kiss! Kiss!

I loved these flowers growing out of the side of a rock. (We know it as Bobby's rock.)

On Sunday we went exploring in the afternoon. We found a cool little shallow pond where we observed its ecosystem and skipped rocks and pine cones on its surface.

On Monday Allie and I walked to the snow cave and explored down the creek there. SO beautiful! I love running mountain water!



No comments:
Post a Comment