Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Family History Obsession...

Almost everyday I do a little research on my ancestors. These are my favorite websites:

familysearch.org
puzzilla.org
findagrave.com

On my line there are a lot of duplicates along with some incorrect information. I enjoy correcting that in familysearch.org and streamlining it. The best part though is finding people that aren't in family search yet and linking families together. It is sad to see how many babies died in infancy or at birth. Everything I do right now is on my mom's line that immigrated from Germany. Fun stuff!

Puzzilla.org is awesome for figuring out where more work might need to be done. The graphics looking at descendants are so fun.

Findagrave.com is great for finding death dates and obituaries. I've spent a lot of time on there looking through the information from First Mennonite Cemetery in Beatrice, Nebraska where my mom was raised and a lot of her family still lives. What a great legacy all those pioneers left behind. So much faith!

No comments: