Thursday, November 26, 2015

Bob & Tasha

It's been a crazy hard year and we are feeling a bit old and tired at the moment. Things feel like they are settling down and we are looking forward to an easier year.

Bob has a great job with Dyncorp. He has been with them for 1.5 years and it is a great fit for him. He has a wonderful team to work with and enjoys the work he does. It is a fast-paced environment but not one that requires him to work crazy hours. He spent every spare second working on this house for the past few months. All summer he stayed up late every night painting or framing or demoing or something. Now that the worst part of the house remodel is over, he is trying to add some fun things back in to his life. He bought some roller blades and fixed up his bike. He and I are going mountain biking for the first time in years today. He is the building specialist at church and is in charge of making sure the building gets cleaned and supplies get stocked. We are on a rotation with the other two wards so he works hard for one month and then gets two months off. It is a good fit for him right now and he has it running smoothly.

I also now have a job. With all our unexpected house expenses, it became necessary that I either take my girls out of preschool or get a job. Without question the best choice for my sanity was to get a job. I found a job pretty easily at an embroidery store in town. I work on Mondays and Wednesdays when the girls are in school and on Saturdays. I help with the embroidery and vinyl programming, take orders, input invoices and try to help them get organized. I really like the work I do and interacting with the customers but it is a very chaotic environment and I'm not sure it will ever change with the owner/boss as it is. I may be looking for something different before long.

I'm currently obsessed with family history. I am constantly looking up family lines and connecting all my people in familysearch.org. I've been told that it is so fun for me because it is relaxing. I just know that I love it!

When the girls are home, I take them to the park a lot. Sydney and I do reading lessons about once a week and otherwise they play while I clean or do laundry. Sometimes we run errands or meet up with friends. On Tuesday nights I try to go to yoga with a friend - we make it a couple of times a month usually. I am also trying to run and work up to being able to do a 5K again. I only get out about once a week though. For church I am the visiting teaching coordinator. It is a good fit for me right now.

1 comment:

Jill said...

It was fun to read all of your family updates. You are a good Mom Tasha!