*I apologize for my grammar on these posts. As I write I keep switching from past tense to present tense. I've been trying to fix it to keep it all in past tense, but today I'm just going to write and forget about making it right. : )
I had been planning to take the girls to the Perot Museum in Dallas today. I have never been and wanted to go before all the school field trips and before I'm watching a baby 3 days/week. That didn't work out since Caden was sick and our tile guy Isaac was scheduled to be at the house.
6:30 Woke up but didn't get out of bed. Parker came in to pray with me before he left on the bus at 6:55. Scriptures on the iPad and some good cuddles with Sydney before I got up for real.
Morning - Cleaned the kitchen that didn't get cleaned last night. Started the dishwasher - we run it once a day and always have some pots, pans and large dishes to hand wash that don't fit in the dishwasher. I also cleaned my room. I finally unpacked from our trip to Pittsburg last week. I also washed the sheets from my bed and the boys' beds. I cleaned off my dresser and hung some pictures on our bedroom wall. I unpacked a plastic tub full of large pictures and a couple of blankets from our Haslet house. I kept a few, hung one, and decided a couple could go to Goodwill. Here's the end product of the picture collage. I had a similar set up in our Haslet house. I LOVE command picture hanging strips for projects like this! They are expensive but SO easy to use.
The girls played first thing in the morning but then ended up watching shows with Caden for a while today. I had a strawberry banana smoothie for breakfast and a bowl of granola for a 2nd breakfast.
11:00 We rent a Veggie Tales movie from Amazon video. I decide to take a nap upstairs while they watch that. I don't sleep much due to the faint but constant tapping that is going on downstairs with the construction. I read Anne of the Island some more.
12:30 While lying in bed, I decide I would rather not fix lunch. The kids are happy to get out of the house to drive through McDonalds for hamburgers and return our library books. We get two regular cheeseburgers for Caden, a cheeseburger with only ketchup for Sage and a plain cheeseburger for Sydney. Isaac leaves while we are gone. I am relieved. I feel like watching a show and vegging but feel bad doing it while he is here working so hard.
This is what our Bathroom looks like this week.
Afternoon - I spent the afternoon folding some laundry and getting some loads started. I made the boys' beds. I also sat down and watched a recorded episode of
Flip or Flop. It's not our favorite reno show but sometimes we watch it anyway. At 3:30 I decided I really did need another nap (embarassing as it is to admit I took two today).
4:30 I woke up to my alarm and Allie coming into her room (where I was sleeping) telling me about her day and the terrible new bus route where they are now THE last stop.
After this, I showered and got ready for a girls' night out. Parker had football practice at 6 about 20 minutes away and there was a parent meeting at 6:10. Parker ended up being sick right before practice so I went to his practice alone for the parent meeting.
6:40 I arrived early to Costa Vida to meet a friend. I was going to stop at JCPenney with a coupon I had during this down time but I forgot the coupon at home. I worked on this blog post instead.
7:00-10 Dinner and great conversation with my good friend Gwyn from our old ward. We both have had a lot happening in our lives over the past few months since we saw each other last. As we get ready to leave, I can not find my keys. I assume I must have locked them in the car. The restaurant was closing and it was chilly outside. We sat in her car while we waited for Bob to come open the van for me. He came, looked for the keys for me and couldn't find them. He even went back in the closed restaurant to look for them. Finally I went to look as well. I finally found them in the trash can of my car which was better than the restaurant trash can where Bob was headed next. Ugh.
Came home and had a piece of cake with Bob. He made two cakes tonight - one for work and one GF cake for home. I also spent some time oiling up Sage who was coughing a lot. I took her to the bathroom as we usually do around 11. This keeps her dry most nights.
I had a hard time falling asleep last night and don't think I nodded off until after 1.
No comments:
Post a Comment