12:30-6:30AM Sleep
6:30-9:00AM I read scriptures on my iPhone in my bed. I have been enjoying reading the book of John in preparation for Easter. Shower (it's pretty standard for me to shower and do my hair every other day - drying my hair takes too long to do it everyday). Cuddles and singing time with the little girls this morning. Grapefruit for breakfast. I was going to eat more but ran out of time. Filling Easter eggs with change for the girls' egg hunt at school. (In the background, Bob is working with the foam insulation guys to get the master bathroom insulated.)
9:15AM I dropped off the girls. We are running later to school than usual this morning. Sage said the prayer in the car this morning with Sydney's help. It was really sweet!
9:30AM I dropped off Caden's band tuxedo shirt at the dry cleaners on my way to work.
9:45AM-1:30PM Work. I am glad to be done with this soon. My boss had me let three calls from the same person go to voicemail because her items still aren't done and he didn't want to talk to her. He said he would call her later but I'm not sure he will. One guy came in and his hats were done wrong. Another guy came in expecting his items and they weren't done yet. Lots of paperwork today is missing important information. I am growing weary of the chaos. While at work, I had a snack of grapes and water.
1:45PM - Lunch at Chick-fil-A. I drove through and then ate in the car. I had a coupon for free grilled nuggets so lunch only cost me $1.57.
2:00-4:00PM - I picked up girls from school. Went home. They watched PBS kids and I read Anne of the Island (it's been a long time since I read the Anne of Green Gables series and I'm enjoying it). Snacked on Sour Patch watermelon candy and Cadbury mini eggs and took a short nap. The girls ate their Easter treats from school and left wrappers and eggs all over the living room floor. (Sarah, are you cringing right now???)
4:15-4:45PM We found a new park near the kids' school that we went to for the first time today. I started this post while the girls played. We picked up Caden from track practice.
4:45-5:15PM Outside time with the girls. Parker and the neighbors were playing basketball in our driveway. Sydney wanted to ride her bike to her teacher's house down the street. We did that and visit ed with Laurie and Sean for awhile. It was warm today - 84 degrees.
5:15-5:45PM Quickly started making dinner. Allie is helping a lady in our ward to earn money for girls' camp from 4-6. Caden is feeling sick but finishes dinner while I leave to take Parker to his football weigh-in.
6:05PM - Football weigh-in. This league has weight limits for running, throwing and catching positions. At 140 pounds, Parker is above that limit. Offensive line and defense for him. His coach tells him "Keep eating Parker. Keep eating." We also take his birth certificate to verify his age.
6:20-6:40 - Dinner of smoked turkey sausage, alfredo pasta and salad. Allie practices her french horn while the rest of us eat.
6:50 - I take Allie to church for Mutual and Bob gets started on putting the girls to bed. Caden is resting and feeling bad. Parker remembers that his iStation contest ends tomorrow and he needs to put in another hour on his computer learning program. He thinks he will win the contest for his classroom and get a cookie cake reward.
7-8:20 PM - Caden and I watch the Fixer Upper episode from last night. Bob joins us for part of it and then starts working on a small project he has in the master bathroom. I read to Parker for a few minutes.
8:30PM - I pick up Allie at the church. I comment that God is putting on quite a show tonight. There are amazing flashes of lighting in the northwest sky. Above us you can see the clear sky and the edge of the clouds. I read to Caden when I come home and try to set him up with meds and essential oils to help with his sickness.
9:00PM - The tornado warning sirens went off. We gathered all the kids including Allie who was taking a shower and the little girls who were sleeping into our storage closet to wait out the storm. It was stuffy and dark in there but we had the light of the iPad and iPhone. We read some scriptures about the Last Supper and looked up what Maundy Thursday means.
4:45-5:15PM Outside time with the girls. Parker and the neighbors were playing basketball in our driveway. Sydney wanted to ride her bike to her teacher's house down the street. We did that and visit ed with Laurie and Sean for awhile. It was warm today - 84 degrees.
5:15-5:45PM Quickly started making dinner. Allie is helping a lady in our ward to earn money for girls' camp from 4-6. Caden is feeling sick but finishes dinner while I leave to take Parker to his football weigh-in.
6:05PM - Football weigh-in. This league has weight limits for running, throwing and catching positions. At 140 pounds, Parker is above that limit. Offensive line and defense for him. His coach tells him "Keep eating Parker. Keep eating." We also take his birth certificate to verify his age.
6:20-6:40 - Dinner of smoked turkey sausage, alfredo pasta and salad. Allie practices her french horn while the rest of us eat.
6:50 - I take Allie to church for Mutual and Bob gets started on putting the girls to bed. Caden is resting and feeling bad. Parker remembers that his iStation contest ends tomorrow and he needs to put in another hour on his computer learning program. He thinks he will win the contest for his classroom and get a cookie cake reward.
7-8:20 PM - Caden and I watch the Fixer Upper episode from last night. Bob joins us for part of it and then starts working on a small project he has in the master bathroom. I read to Parker for a few minutes.
8:30PM - I pick up Allie at the church. I comment that God is putting on quite a show tonight. There are amazing flashes of lighting in the northwest sky. Above us you can see the clear sky and the edge of the clouds. I read to Caden when I come home and try to set him up with meds and essential oils to help with his sickness.
9:00PM - The tornado warning sirens went off. We gathered all the kids including Allie who was taking a shower and the little girls who were sleeping into our storage closet to wait out the storm. It was stuffy and dark in there but we had the light of the iPad and iPhone. We read some scriptures about the Last Supper and looked up what Maundy Thursday means.
This is the tornado IN our house when we have to empty out the closet so we can get in.
9:45PM - We deemed our house safe from hail and tornado trouble and started putting everyone back to bed. Sage needed a snack because she didn't eat much dinner. Then she had to have her teeth brushed a second time. Caden was nervous and kept trying to sleep somewhere downstairs. Allie looked at cookie recipes and told us she wanted to make some for school in the morning. I pulled the leftovers I had bought for Sage's class out of her backpack and convinced Allie to take those instead. Sydney worried that Allie's friend Madelyn in Haslet got sucked up by a tornado. Parker insisted that he be tucked in again.
I thought Parker was especially cute sleeping tonight.
11PM - I finished up my quiet time on the computer before I got ready for bed. My throat hurts and I wonder if I am catching what Caden has... I'm definitely going to hit the oils tonight. Oregano oil is my friend. : )
Notes from today:
I got my check from work and deposited it into my account through my cell phone this afternoon. Mobile bank deposit is one of my favorite technological advances. I also paid my tithing from my home computer. LOVE that I can do that remotely and immediately as well!
I remembered this morning how documenting life like this can help me see the good things that are happening. I rejoiced more than usual in the few minutes I spent this morning snuggling my little girls and singing "Once Upon a Dream" with Sage. The prayer we had in the car before we left for school was precious. Documenting life is also reminding me that my schedule is full.


1 comment:
Enjoying your posts...they sound vaguely familiar to the chaos that exists in our home (minus the construction work). If you like Anne of Green Gables - check out my favorite book by Lucy Maud Montgomery "The Blue Castle".
Post a Comment