Tuesday
6:45AM - Wake up. Scriptures on iPad in bed. (My iPad acts as my alarm clock these days. I have a sunrise alarm clock that I love when it works. It doesn't always work properly and it is currently unplugged and sitting on my nightstand.) Distracted by other iPad things. Slow wake-up.
7:15AM - Up for the day. Rush to get myself and everyone ready. No shower. Clean clothes. Make-up and a ponytail for me. Caden needs to ride the bus but doesn't get his things together on time. Allie fixes breakfast (bagels with cream cheese - eaten in the car) for the girls who had to be woken up early for this day to go off. I don't have time to eat breakfast.
8:15AM - We leave to take Caden to school and Parker and Allie to the dentist. I am sure we are going to be late but Allie teaches me a shortcut to drop off Caden quicker and we arrive at the dentist office only 2 minutes late.
8:30 AM - Dentist appointment. The little girls and I play video games while the big kids get their teeth cleaned. I'm not sure why I am taking the kids to the dentist in 3 shifts but right now that's how it is. Sydney and Sage went a couple of weeks ago and Caden goes again in June. I think I need to sync this up for the next go round.
9:15AM - Drop off Allie at school.
9:25AM - Drop off Parker at school. Their schools are right next to each other but the intersection is under construction so we had to take a pretty long detour through the neighborhoods to get to Parker's school.
9:30AM - Arrive at home. Tile guy also shows up to continue cement board work. He is walking through the kitchen and office all day as he makes cuts in the garage and takes his pieces to the master bath.
9:45AM - Sage has been trying to eat some large marshmallows that I bought on Monday to make resurrection rolls with on Easter. She got the marshmallows down and was trying to cut the bag open with a very large pair of scissors under the desk with Sydney. She accidentally cut Sydney's finger open and it was bleeding pretty good. I couldn't find any band-aids anywhere so we made one out of a cotton ball and scotch tape. Then we decided to go to the store. I had forgotten meat for chili at the store yesterday and we were out of band-aids and candy.
10:30 AM - Back home after trip to the neighborhood market Wal-Mart down the street.
10:45AM - The girls and I pick 3 rooms to clean before they can watch TV. First we do the kitchen. They helped really well for about 2 minutes. We had set the timer for 10 but they got distracted/bored/tired after helping a little. Pretty soon they are off playing something in the office/living room.
10:45-11:30 - After I finish the kitchen and get the dishwasher started, I get on Angie's list to see if I can get someone over here to finally fix our carpet to wood transitions. I find someone that works by the hour. It will probably cost $150-250 for them to do it. I can't get in touch with the guy who was originally going to do it for me. I start looking up videos to see if I can do it myself. I also spend some time cutting down the carpet and looking things over. I think I/we can do it and avoid the high fee. Sage brings me the hotdogs because she is hungry.
11:30AM - She wants one cold hot dog. I also warm up 2 for her to eat with ketchup. When she is finished with those she gets one more cold one. I finally sit down to eat breakfast. I had a yummy bowl of greek yogurt, strawberries and GF Chex granola. Sydney had bowl of granola with milk and berries with me.
11:45AM -More chores. I do some laundry and vacuum the mudroom. The girls are busy playing under the desks in the office and Isaac keeps going back and forth to work on the bathroom.
1:00-2:00PM - The girls ask for TV so I tell them we have to clean their room. We all go up and clean. Sydney is a pretty good room cleaner but it is hard to get Sage to do much unless it is in the form of play. She helped her baby doll pick up all the food and dishes but didn't do much else. They were thrilled to get their room all cleaned up again. All that empty space with toys put away sparked their creativity and they were busy with play again. I was ready for a nap after starting another load of laundry but they didn't even want to come down to watch a show.
1:45PM - Countertop guy comes to measure for our shower bench seats and knee drawer counter. Isaac leaves. At some point I eat leftover pizza for my lunch.
3:00PM- 4:15PM - Nap time for me. I left the TV on and eventually the girls came down to watch.
When I wake up, they are more interested in watching than going to the park as I thought we would do. I usually check Instagram and read for a few minutes before falling asleep.
4:15-4:45PM - I work on getting Parker's birth certificate scanned for football. I decide to scan the others as well (something I have been meaning to do for years).
5:00PM - Pick up Caden from school. Before I left I asked Allie to brown the meat for chili and get the girls off the TV.
5:15PM-5:30 - Throw together an easy chili for dinner. Side of strawberry and grape fruit salad.
5:45PM - Bob and Parker leave for football practice. The rest of us eat and we send a bowl of chili with Bob to eat. Parker doesn't want to eat much before practice.
6:00PM - I engage Allie and Caden in a 5 minute kitchen clean-up. We unload the dishwasher, clear the table and load it back up with dirty dishes. Caden puts some things away and Allie hand washes the pots and pans. I take the girls up to have a bath.
6:00-6:20PM - Bathe girls.
6:20-6:40PM - Feed the girls dinner. The didn't eat the chili and now want tortillas with cheese and grapes and milk. The also had greek yogurt right before we ate.
6:45PM - Get the girls ready for bed. Brush their teeth. Take them to the potty. Read them books. Sydney actually read 2 B.O.B. books to me tonight and I read them one book.
7:15PM - I quickly change clothes so Allie and I can go to yoga class at The Keller Pointe.
7:40-8:30 Yoga class with Anita.
8:30-8:45PM - Drive to Southlake. We are not ready to go home to the boys who will still be awake.
8:45-9:15PM - We browse Home Goods. We find some curtains that we think will work in the living room.
9:30PM - Home. Check in with Bob who is working on a few bathroom things before the foam insulation guys come tomorrow.
10-11PM - Blog and eat Cadbury mini eggs. BYU basketball is on in the background.
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Week In the Life - Tuesday...
Labels: Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment