Friday, June 9, 2017

Poetry...

I wrote this poem about divorce a couple of months ago. I found it in my notebook today and decided to type it up here. (I was inspired by helping Caden with an ABC poem he wrote for ELA this year.)

A Marriage Lost

Accusations fly,
Bitter words,
Custody, child support
Divorce.
Every angle, every word hurts.

Financial strains
Gainful employment needed
Headaches return.
Independent living
Excites and scares the strong ones.

Justifications do not
Keep the hurt at bay.
Loneliness envelopes.
Marriage unraveled.
The lonely ones remain lonely.

Necessary changes
Occasional joy
Parenting alone.
Quiet moments that
Are rare and hard to find.

Reality sets in
Strains on time, energy, and resources.
Tears fall and fall.
Understanding increases
But does not eliminate the grief.

Volumes of healing words
Written with cleansing power.
Yearnings for peace
And love again.
Acceptance will come...with time.

No comments: